While the industry moves towards taller screens, Lenovo surprises us with a unique take on wide aspect ratio laptops. The unique new ThinkBook™ Plus Gen 3 introduces an industry first1 17.3” inch ultra-wide 21:10 aspect ratio primary display with an innovative 8-inch secondary screen that introduces a whole new meaning to multitasking and opens up a host of use case possibilities.
Expanding screen real-estate for improved productivity and efficiency usually requires connecting a second display which is not typically portable. ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 changes that by introducing the industry’s first 17.3-inch laptop with a built-in secondary 8-inch full color LCD display. Productive multi-tasking has become the new norm but often requires multiple devices and a larger workspace. Now with ThinkBook Plus Gen 3, that workspace becomes mobile.
The ultra-wide 21:10 aspect ratio primary display already offers more space to take advantage of Windows 11 Snap layouts but adding a second touch-enabled display, with integrated digital pen, presents new productive scenarios:
- Application sub tools can be shown on second display freeing up main screen for creation
- More engaging collaboration with full width conferencing adding a chat window on the second display, or a notepad function to take notes during online meetings
- Can be used as a drawing board to edit or refine images; the integrated digital pen with ColorKing+ plug-in by Ufro enables faster, more accurate color matching. Capture color from virtually any surface with the pen and instantly find the closest PANTONE® Color based on substrate
- A “waterfall” capability is very useful during document editing as source pages can extend from the main to the second display
- A “Magic Launcher” can place frequently used application icons on the second display for quick access
- The calculator function makes navigating spreadsheets or financial applications a breeze, group launch can even be configured to automatically open the calculator when launching a spreadsheet, for example.
- Smartphone mirroring onto the second display improves multitasking and synergy across devices
In terms of technology and design, ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 is a high-performance laptop. Powered by 12th Gen Intel Core H-Series processors, up to 32GB LPDDR5 and up to 2TB Solid State storage, there is plenty of power on tap. ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 also features:
- 3-inch primary display, 21:10 ultra-wide aspect ratio with 3072×1440 resolution at 120Hz, up to 400nits brightness and 90% screen-to-body (STB) ratio with Dolby Vision® support and Low Blue Light with TÜV Rheinland EyeSafe® certification
- 8-inch second LCD touch glass display with 800×1280 resolution
- Integrated digital pen with the ColorKing+ plug-in provides creative content producers access to the most current PANTONE Colors from 16 different libraries
- Smart Power button with integrated Fingerprint Reader
- FHD Infrared Camera with physical privacy shutter
- Harman/Kardon developed Dolby Atmos® Speaker System
- Wi-Fi 6E for fast and stable connectivity
- Backlit Keyboard and glass Click Pad
Check out the new ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 in the pictorial gallery below.