This Infinity Gauntlet glove has everything you need to control the Universe
This Infinity Gauntlet glove contains the most powerful objects in the Universe – all six Infinity Stones! It serves as a bottle opener but makes a really cool decoration or fidget toy. Solid, heavy pewter metal, it is a whopping 4-inches long by almost 2-inches wide. Excellent detail and the “jewels” really sparkle. This piece will get lots of oohs and aahs from lookers.
As seen in the Avengers movie, here are the stones (gems) the Infinity Gauntlet glove contains.
- Time Gem (green): Total control over all aspects of time including time travel, stopping time, slowing down or speed up the flow of time and to accelerate or slow down ageing.
- Space Gem (blue): Limitless manipulation of space, allowing for teleportation, dimensional manipulation, the creation of wormholes, etc.
- Soul Gem (orange): Limitless manipulation of souls both alive and dead also has shown to be able to evolve or devolve a beings physical self as well as their mental capacities.
- Reality Gem (red): Locally or universally alters the natural laws of the universe to the wielders will.
- Power Gem (purple): Controls all of the power in the universe. It can be used to augment or inhibit any force.
- Mind Gem (yellow): Taps the user into the universal consciousness, allowing for unlimited manipulation of psionic powers including telepathy and telekinesis.
The story of the Infinity Gauntlet glove
The Infinity Gauntlet glove was made by Dwarves at the request of Thanos. He wore it on the left hand and inserted the Infinity Stones one-by-one until he collected the final Power Stone, which he used to torture Thor until Loki gave up the Space Stone. He acquired the Time Stone from Dr. Strange after agreeing to spare Iron Man’s life. With a snap of his fingers, Thanos eradicated half of all life in the universe. He escaped to an alien farmland where he used the Infinity Stones’ own power to destroy them thus ensuring the Snap could never be undone.
The Avengers eventually tracked Thanos down. When he revealed that he had destroyed the Infinity Stones, Thor killed him, With all hope of undoing the Snap completely exhausted, the Avengers left the planet leaving the charred and useless Infinity Gauntlet behind.
Quick facts about the Infinity Gauntlet glove and the Infinity Stones
The color of the Infinity Stones in the movie differ from the original comic book. It is believed the colors changed one-by-one as each stone was used in a movie storyline. The colors of the stones in the movies were chosen for aesthetic purposes only and once used in a movie, could not be changed in subsequent movies.
In the movie, the Infinity Gauntlet glove was crafted at Thanos’ request. Thus, it does not match the rest of Thanos’ uniform. In the comic book version of events, the Infinity Gauntlet was a glove from Thanos’ own armor that was modified to fit the stones. Thus in the comic books, the glove matches the rest of Thanos’ uniform.
Stormbreaker, an enchanted axe used by Thor, was able to overpower the completed Infinity Gauntlet. How could he do this? Eitri made both objects. He made the glove with Dwarven magic so that Stormbreaker would be able to defeat the Infinity Gauntlet.
Thanos was created by Jim Starlin and first appeared in Iron Man #55 in February 1973. Two years later, Starlin wrote and illustrated Strange Tales where he began to develop the concept of Infinity Gems. He reintroduced Thanos in Strange Tales as Adam Warlock’s friend. Two years later, in 1977, Thanos became Warlock’s opponent in Second Thanos War.