It’s your mother’s worst nightmare! A real, working miniature toothpick crossbow. Yes, it will indeed poke your eye out!
This Working Miniature Toothpick Crossbow makes a great desk decoration – just warn anyone who picks it up. It is a real, working crossbow that shoots toothpicks across the room. Measures only 5 inches long. With a range of about 20 feet, the toothpick projected by the mini-crossbow will penetrate a few layers of paper and yes, it will indeed poke out your eye.
The mini-crossbow comes unassembled and must be put together before use. Most components are plastic except for the crossbow limb and steel cable. The body of the crossbow is held together with a screw.
Mini-crossbow Assembly Instructions
- Attach pistol grip handle to left side of crossbow body by slipping handle over stud
- Lay the trigger mechanism over the first plastic pin. The smaller length of the trigger arm should be positioned at the top, facing left.
- Carefully lay the other piece of the body atop the first piece. Align and snap together. Insert and lightly tighten small screw to hold pieces together. Do NOT overtighten!
- Snap metal crossbow limb onto end. Limb is slightly curved. Insert so it is curved downward.
- Cap limb with plastic riser and use the larger screw to secure. Do NOT overtighten.
- Bend the limb with your fingers and slip the ends of the steel cable over the end of each side.
Operating the mini-crossbow
- Slid the cable under the the clip and into the trigger notch.
- Lay a toothpick into the flight groove so the pointed tip extends from the end of the crossbow about 1/4 inch.
- Pulling the trigger will push upward on the cable, releasing it from the notch.
- The toothpick has grooves which catch the cable when the trigger is pulled. It operates off of friction. You can deepen the grooves to produce more friction and a more powerful shot.
- Includes mini-crossbow, bamboo toothpick arrows, and a miniature target.
- Crossbow components: body and flight groove (2 pieces), trigger, pistol-grip handle, metal limb, steel cable, riser/endcap, 2 screws.
- Constructed from high-strength plastic and steel